* We believe the Holy Bible, and the Bible alone, is completely true in it’s entirety. It is the absolute authority in determining truths in doctrine. The Bible’s original writing is both God-inspired and inerrant (2 Timothy 3:16; 2 Peter 1:20-21; Proverbs 30:5; Romans 16:25-26).
* We believe that there is one God, who is a Tri-Unity God, of three distinct persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. They are co-equal and co-eternal (1 John 5:7; Genesis 1:26; Matthew 3:16, 28:19; Luke 1:35: Isaiah 9:6; Hebrews 3:7-11).
* We believe that Jesus Christ is God the Son, the second person of the Trinity. He is 100% God. He is the only man to ever live a completely sinless life on earth, being 100% man, as well (John 1:1-14, 20:28; 1 Timothy 3:16; Isaiah 9:6; Philippians 2:5-6; 1 Timothy 2:5).
* Jesus Christ is the only-begotten Son of the Father, conceived by the Holy Spirit in Mary, a virgin. Therefore, Jesus is the Son of God (Matthew 1:18, 20, 23; Luke 1:27; Romans 5:12-21).
* We are saved by grace (which is undeserved and unearned) through faith in Jesus Christ, His death, burial, and resurrection. Salvation is a gift from God, not a result of our good works or of any human effort or religion (Ephesians 2:8-9; Galatians 2:16, 3-8; Titus 3:5; Romans 10:9-10; Acts 16:31; Hebrews 9:22).
* Because Jesus lived a sinless life, His blood shed on Calvary is 100% pure, making it sufficient to cleanse us of all sins when individually applied to one’s life through faith. He allowed Himself to be punished for our sins so that all who believe in Him will be freed from the curse and penalty of sin (death) (1 John 1:7; Revelation 1:5, 5:9, Colossians 1:20; Romans 3:10-12, 23, 5:9; John 1:29).
CHRIST’S INDWELLING IN BELIEVERS
* A Christian is a person who has invited Jesus Christ to come and live in their lives by the Holy Spirit. He has faith in what Christ did at His death, burial and resurrection (John 1:12, 14:17, 23, 15:4; Romans 8:11; Revelation 3:20).
* Upon placing your faith and trust in Jesus as your Savior and Lord, one is commanded by the Bible to be baptized in water in Jesus’ name ( Matthew 28:19; Acts 2:38).
* The church is not a building one goes to for service, worship or fellowship. The Church is the Body of Christ (the Body of Believers), Christ being the Head, with the same call on their lives to fulfill Christ’s Great Commission (Matthew 28:18-20). Every person in the Church Body has an integral role in this calling (Ephesians 1:22, 2:19-22; Hebrews 12:23).
THE LORD’S SUPPER
* The Lord’s Supper is a unique time of communion with God when the elements of bread and wine (or grape juice), as a spiritual representation of Christ’s blood and body, are taken by believers in remembrance of what Christ did on the cross (1 Corinthians 10:16, 11:23-25; Mark 16:16; Acts 8:12, 26-28, 10:47; Matthew 26:26-29).
* Sanctification is the ongoing process of being set apart for God, evident by our yielding to God to complete to complete the development of the character of Christ in us. It is to be a lifestyle of righteous development and holiness, being seen by all that the Holy Spirit of God lives in us (1 Thessalonians 4:3, 5:23, 2 Corinthians 3:18; 2 Thessalonians 2:1-3; Romans 8:29, 12:1; Hebrews 2:11).
* Jesus Christ will physically and visibly return to Earth for the second time to establish His Kingdom. This will occur at a time undisclosed by Scripture (Revelation 1:7; Matthew 24:30, 26:63-64; 1 Thessalonians 4:15, 17; 2 Thessalonians 1:7-8).
* Jesus Christ was physically resurrected from the dead three days after His death on the cross. One day, all Believers in Christ will also be physically resurrected in glorified bodies to their eternal reward in Heaven with God (Luke 24:16, 36,39; Philippians 1:21-23, 3:21; 1 Corinthians 15:42, 44; John 2:19-21, 20:26-28, 21:4; Acts 24:15).
* Heaven is the eternal dwelling place for all who believe in Jesus Christ (2 Corinthians 5:1, 1 Peter 1:4; Hebrews 11:16; John 17:24, Matthew 5:3, 12, 20, 6:20, 19:21, 25:34).
* After living one life on Earth, those who rejected Christ will be judged justly by God and sent to Hell, where they will be eternally tormented together with the devil and the fallen angels (Hebrews 9:27; Matthew 25:41; Revelation 14:9-11, 20:12-15; Mark 9:43-48).
MARRIAGE & SEXUALITY
* Chastity for single Christian men and women, fidelity for married Christian men and women, and the sacredness of Christian marriage is what we stand on. We define marriage as the union between one born a man and one born a woman and any romantic and sexual contact between the same sex is a sin (Exodus 20:14; Leviticus 20:13; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9-10).
Donate to Our Jesus Journey